Friday, July 01, 2005

 

Time keeps on ticking.

I've been quiet lately, I know. Hopefully, I'll have some real exciting news to announce sometime in the next two or three weeks. In the meantime, though, I'm grinding away at the bench. It is amazing in the biotech industry how things move. For instance, I have a friend who sent his resume cold to a biotech company. Six months later, they call and want an updated resume. Things start moving pretty fast and an interview is set up (all within a span of two weeks or so). The interview goes well, but nothing is heard for about three weeks. All of the sudden, the job that they were interested in hiring my friend for had disappeared. During my days in industry, it would seem like projects would appear and disappear out of nowhere. One moment, you are toiling away at one project, a week later, you don't even remember the name of that project as you are totally immersed in something else. But then, this new project goes on for a couple of years instead of a couple of weeks, only to be stopped as suddenly as it is started.
|


<< Home





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?