Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

Friday, May 20

Got to say it was a nice day up here in Michigan. Of course, I've had to spend it all day in the lab massaging some microarray data. If you ever want to see a process that vomits more data than anything I've ever seen, then analyze a few microarray slides. I guess I really need to brush up on my computer science and statistics.

Wow, its kind of been a quite day here in the lab, I've got something accomplished this week, and it looks like I'm headed for a pretty uneventful weekend. Compared to the last 7 or 8 months, this week was kind of unique.

For all of you mycological types out there, the mushrooms are beginning to appear up here and so may I suggest a link that can be conveniently found on my Website;. The site is Tom Volk's Fungi Page

In my last post, I gave you the following to chew on:

> Something to think about: > Bioinformatics - how much information will become available (number of > genomes for unique species, proteomes, etc) in the next 10 years and > how will it be processed?

Well, I'm going to let you chew on that for a while and give you another assignment. I want you to start brushing up on your knowledge of the Plant Made Pharmaceutical Industry. I'm going to fire a few salvo's that way soon so you are warned.


|


<< Home





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?