Tuesday, July 12, 2005

 

An enjoyable prank (for me at least)

So here is a prank that I personally pulled the other day and would highly suggest to anyone out there. I can't take credit for the idea, that came from another member of my lab. I won't explain the whole process but since you are reading my blog I predict you are a fairly intelligent person and can figure things out: On someone else's computer, in a microsoft office program (any one will work, and the changes will apply to all microsoft office programs), insert an autocorrect feature so that a commonly used or strategic word is changed to something else, preferably nothing too vulgar. For instance, my friend, a Biosystems Engineering Master's student, was working on his thesis explaining the building of an apple firmness tester. Of course, I set the program where the word "apple" was changed to something else (this is a family blog here so I won't mention what it was). My friend originally thought that this was some sort of cruel joke that Microsoft had put in its software (its rival being Apple) and had no what was going on. Unfortunately, my friend is smart enough to know how to reset the autocorrect feature so I didn't get quite the frustration factor out of him that I wanted. However, since everyone else knew what was going on and since his computer is protected by a fingerprint reader, he was pretty amazed at how I pulled off such a stunt and at first didn't believe that it was something that I did. That was a huge win for me on the prank wars front. For someone who is not so computer literate, one can have hours of fun watching that person trying to "fix" their computer.
|


<< Home





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?