Tuesday, November 29, 2005

 

Junk faxes be-damned!

Once again in an attempt to keep this blog from getting bogged down in too much science I bring you this article: Talking Back To the Junk Fax If you are tired of receiving junk faxes, then I suggest you try some of the tips suggested. I especially like this idea:
When Tyler receives a junk fax, she takes a piece of black paper, puts it in her fax machine and dials the "fax replies to" number or the transmission fax number on the junk fax. Before transmitting, she tapes the ends of the paper together to make a loop. "Your very dark fax will be sent on an endless loop until someone at the other end realizes what's happening and interrupts the transmission," she says. "This may not get you removed from the list but it sure makes you feel a lot better! And I've never had a repeat junk fax after I've used this trick."
Of course, you don't necessarily have to reserve these tactics for junk faxers. I imagine the above tactic could be used very nicely for a very expensive practical joke.
|


<< Home





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?