Sunday, October 30, 2005

 

I'm not back in the saddle again, yet . . . maybe

What a week, that's all I can say. The finances for the position I was going to take hasn't come through yet so the big move back to the biotech industry is off, at least for now. We are still shooting for a start date a couple of months from now. All this came about four days before the big move so it was kind of suprising, but not really, it is the biotech industry after all. Luckily, I was able to assimilate back into the lab I had been working in with no problems and it is back to cranking away at maize microarrays. I am really lucky to work in the lab I do. I get alot of traffic from search engine queries wanting to know about what a biochemist does or just about the life of a biochemist. If you are one of them, then let me say, you better have tough skin and a love for roller coaster rides, especially if you are interested in getting involved with a small biotech company. As for me, I guess my skin is pretty tough and I enjoy being thrown a few loops every now and then. I'll keep hanging in there and keep you updated.
|


<< Home





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?