Thursday, October 20, 2005

 

Just as long as you are washing your hands.

A quick post for you to let you know that I am still alive. Things are getting pretty hectic. Got a house to pack and I have to spill as much of my brains onto paper for my colleages that I am leaving behind. Here's one that I am sure will be made into some sort of 20/20 or Primetime live special. I can see it now: Is there a killer lurking in your handsoap? Is washing your hands actually making you sick? Find out right after this commercial! The story goes like this: FDA to Hear Concerns on Anti-Germ Soaps It looks like there are some concerns starting to mount as to whether the excessive use of these anti-microbial soaps will cause bacteria to become resistant to antibiotics. Accordingingly:
A recent study published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in which scientists observed the development of bacteria in 224 households for a year, showed no significant increase in resistant bacteria in houses using anti-bacterial instead of regular soap. Nor did it show that anti-bacterial soap led to healthier homes than regular soap.
Of course
It called for further studies, saying the effect could take place over a longer term.
Yes, what good is a study if it doesn't call for more studies. The jury is still out on this one for me. I appears that these soaps don't really help that much. Of course, right now, I'm more worried about getting out of Michigan than about what type of soap I'm using.
|


<< Home





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?